Toss - South Africa have won the toss and elected to bat
South Africa: Hashim Amla, Colin Ingram, AB de Villiers(w), Jean-Paul Duminy, David Miller, Albie Morkel, Johan Botha(c), Robin Peterson, Morne Morkel, Charl Langeveldt, Lonwabo Tsotsobe
Pakistan: Asad Shafiq, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Shahid Afridi(c), Abdul Razzaq, Zulqarnain Haider(w), Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Wahab Riaz
South Africa Innings
- South Africa lost 1st wicket in 4th over – 1-24 (Peterson, 3.1 ov)
- Abdul Razzaq to Peterson, OUT, bowled’im! Poor shot really, playing across the line of a straight delivery headed for the off stump. Swings all around it, and the off stumps leaves its groove.
- South Africa: 50 runs in 9.2 overs (56 balls), Extras 0
- Power Play 2 (Bowling): Overs 10.1 – 15.0
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 64 balls (H Amla 30, C Ingram 20, Ex 0)
- H Amla: 50 off 47 balls (8 x 4)
- South Africa: 100 runs in 19.5 overs (119 balls), Extras 0
- South Africa lost 2nd wicket in 21st over – 2-108 (Amla, 20.6 ov)
- Afridi to Amla, out Lbw!! the inward drift has done the trick for Afridi! It came back in from wide of the crease, Amla was tentative in defense as he prodded forward to that, he was struck right in front of middle and the umpire didn’t take long to raise the dreaded finger, Amla is unhappy with the decision but he has to make the long walk back! The captain has struck in his first over, and he has taken a very vital wicket.
- C Ingram: 50 off 72 balls (4 x 4, 1 x 6)
- South Africa: 150 runs in 29.1 overs (176 balls), Extras 2
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 56 balls (CA Ingram 37, AB de Villiers 11, Ex 2)
- South Africa lost 3rd wicket in 37th over – 3-194 (de Villiers, 36.4 ov)
- S Afridi to de Villiers, OUT! BOWLED! RIGHT THROUGH! Well bowled by the skipper, tossed up on off stump, de Villiers comes forward and tries to drive it towards mid-off but is beaten in the flight and the ball hits the timber! He was looking in good touch there, his innings has been cut short. Fine stand of 86 between de Villiers and Ingram. Meanwhile, the umpires have called for DRINKS.
- Drinks: South Africa – 194/3 in 36.4 overs (CA Ingram 91)
- South Africa: 200 runs in 37.6 overs (231 balls), Extras 4
- C Ingram: 100 off 118 balls (10 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Power Play 3 (Batting): Overs 40.1 – 45.0
- South Africa lost 4th wicket in 41st over – 4-216 (Ingram, 40.1 ov)
- W Riaz to C Ingram, OUT! LBW! Reverse swing does him in! Full and swinging in to the pads, Ingram looks to flick it to the on side but misses the ball and is hit on the boot, Riaz appeals and the umpire raises his finger! Terrific knock from Ingram, getting his second ODI ton. Replays show the ball missing leg stump.
- South Africa lost 5th wicket in 43rd over – 5-232 (D Miller, 42.6 ov)
- Riaz to Miller, out Caught&Bowled!! Miller has perished while looking to up the ante! Riaz bangs it short on the body, Miller looks to pull but was cramped for room, didn’t get any power behind it and in the end just managed to top edge it towards the bowler who did well to move to his right quickly and take a nice and easy catch! Pakistan are clawing their way back into the contest.
- South Africa lost 6th wicket in 44th over – 6-236 (Morkel, 43.5 ov)
- Hafeez to Morkel, out Bowled!! That has just ripped through Morkel! It pitched on the leg stump and spun away sharply, Morkel played across the line, missed it completely and found the middle stump knocked back, Pakistan’s golden run in the batting PP continues!
- South Africa: 250 runs in 46.3 overs (283 balls), Extras 9
- South Africa lost 7th wicket in 49th over – 7-263 (Botha, 48.1 ov)
- Mohammad Hafeez to Duminy, OUT, Botha has run himself out by backing up too far! Duminy’s shot hits him in the pads as he is running up the pitch, the ricochet goes straight to Hafeez who finishes a simple run-out.
- JP Duminy: 50 off 41 balls (2 x 4, 1 x 6)
- South Africa lost 8th wicket in 50th over – 8-286 (Duminy, 49.4 ov)
- Akhtar to Duminy, out Caught by Alam!! Looked to clear long on but didn’t get enough elevation on that, timed it well but straight to Alam who took it comfortably at long on, Duminy has done his job though, he has played a vital knock to help SA get past 280 on a sluggish wicket.
- Innings Break: South Africa – 286/8 in 50.0 overs (M Morkel 1, C Langeveldt 4)
- Pakistan lost 1st wicket in 3rd over – 1-8 (Asad Shafiq, 2.3 ov)
- Langeveldt to Asad Shafiq, OUT, gone! This is short and there for the pull but Asad is late into the shot, and the top edge skies towards mid-on where Morne Morkel takes the catch moving backwards.
- Pakistan lost 2nd wicket in 9th over – 2-31 (Younis Khan, 8.1 ov)
- C Langeveldt to Y Khan, OUT! LBW! Massive wicket this and a massive moment as well. Terrific delivery, fuller length delivery outside off, Younus pushes at it half-heartedly and the ball jags back in and hits him on his front pad. It looks deadly close and Langeveldt goes up in appeal and umpire Tucker raises his finger! Younus is extremely disappointed and shows it on his face as well and replays show why….big inside edge. Hard luck for Younus who was looking good out there.
- Power Play 2 (Bowling): Overs 10.1 – 15.0
- Pakistan: 50 runs in 13.4 overs (82 balls), Extras 2
- Drinks: Pakistan – 54/2 in 14.0 overs (Mohammad Hafeez 17, Misbah-ul-Haq 16)
- Pakistan lost 3rd wicket in 16th over – 3-58 (Misbah-ul-Haq, 15.3 ov)
- Peterson to Misbah-ul-Haq, out Lbw!! The quicker delivery has done the trick here! Misbah-ul-Haq looked to play across the line, gets struck on the pad as he looks to turn it away, missed it, the bowler went up in an appeal, umpire Aleem Dar thought for a while before declaring Misbah-ul-Haq out, he is not happy at all and shakes his head as he walks off! Pakistan are in disarray here.
- Pakistan lost 4th wicket in 19th over – 4-70 (Mohammad Hafeez, 18.3 ov)
- Botha to Mohammad Hafeez, OUT, Botha strikes in his first over! Looks for the late-cut, but it isn’t quite short enough for the shot, and AB goes up spontaneously as soon as he competes the collection. Hafeez doesn’t looks too unhappy while walking back either.
- Pakistan: 100 runs in 23.2 overs (140 balls), Extras 2
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 48 balls (Fawad Alam 11, Shahid Afridi 38, Ex 1)
- Pakistan lost 5th wicket in 30th over – 5-136 (Afridi, 29.2 ov)
- L Tsotsobe to S Afridi, OUT! CAUGHT! And that is the end of Afridi! The skipper was being kept quiet for the past few deliveries, he got a fuller one outside off, wanted to go over mid-on but ended up checking his shot and it went towards long-on where Colin Ingram took a smart catch coming forward. Hang on…there is some drama as the umpires want to check whether that is a legal delivery, they refer upstairs and replays show that it is. Afridi kicks the turf in disgust…it was a much better innings from him this time.
- Drinks: Pakistan – 149/5 in 33.0 overs (Fawad Alam 26, Abdul Razzaq 5)
- Pakistan: 150 runs in 33.1 overs (200 balls), Extras 3
- 6th Wicket: 50 runs in 59 balls (Fawad Alam 20, Abdul Razzaq 26, Ex 4)
- Pakistan: 200 runs in 39.5 overs (245 balls), Extras 9
- Power Play 3 (Batting): Overs 40.1 – 45.0
- Pakistan lost 6th wicket in 42nd over – 6-217 (F Alam, 41.5 ov)
- C Langeveldt to F Alam, OUT! 100TH ODI WICKET FOR LANGEVELDT! South Africa have got the break-through. Fuller length delivery outside off, Alam looks to go inside out over cover but cannot get much power and spoons a tame catch to Albie Morkel inside the circle! Alam walks back slowly, the crowd now start to clap. Fine knock from him, albeit, critically extremely slow.
- Pakistan lost 7th wicket in 45th over – 7-228 (Z Haider, 44.1 ov)
- M Morkel to Zulqarnain Haider, OUT, superb work from Peterson at straightish midwicket. Zulqarnain can’t do much with this shortish delivery, but he has no choice but to run. Peterson charges across, fields, and underarm-flicks it to hit the stumps direct.
- Abdul Razzaq: 50 off 45 balls (3 x 4, 4 x 6)
- Pakistan: 250 runs in 46.5 overs (287 balls), Extras 9
- Pakistan lost 8th wicket in 47th over – 8-254 (W Riaz, 46.6 ov)
- C Langeveldt to A Razzaq, OUT – Razzaq has defended it by getting right behind the line of the delivery. A direct hit by Langeveldt sends Riaz back to the pavillion. Pakistan have lost their eighth wicket.
- Pakistan lost 9th wicket in 48th over – 9-257 (S Ajmal, 47.3 ov)
- Morkel to Razzaq, no ball, 1 run, out Ajmal Run Out!!1 run completed, yorker length on middle, Razzaq squeezes it down to long on, Ajmal looks to come back for the 2nd to give Razzaq the strike but the rocket throw from long on lands into Morkel who knocks the bails off in a flash and Ajmal wasn’t even in the picture!
- Abdul Razzaq: 100 off 70 balls (6 x 4, 10 x 6)
Result – Pakistan beat South Africa by 1 wicket
Catch the action of Pakistan vs South Africa 2nd ODI (2010) LIVE @ TheCricket-TV