Toss – Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to BAT.
Sri Lanka: Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara(w/c), Chamara Silva, Angelo Mathews, Thissara Perera, Chamara Kapugedera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Suraj Randiv, Lasith Malinga
India: Virender Sehwag, Dinesh Karthik, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni(w/c), Rohit Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Ashish Nehra, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel
Sri Lanka Innings
- Sri Lanka: 50 runs in 9.1 overs (56 balls), Extras 8
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 56 balls (M Jayawardene 14, T Dilshan 29, Ex 8 )
- Power Play 2 (Bowling): Overs 10.1 – 15.0
- Drinks: Sri Lanka – 94/0 in 15.0 overs (DPMD Jayawardene 31, TM Dilshan 49)
- T Dilshan: 50 off 36 balls (8 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Sri Lanka: 100 runs in 15.4 overs (97 balls), Extras 14
- Sri Lanka lost 1st wicket in 21st over – 1-121 (Jayawardene, 20.2 ov)
- I Sharma to Jayawardene, OUT, Mahela is gone. Just like that. Against the run of play. He reached forward and tried to wrist it across the line. It flew of the leading edge towards sweeper cover. Pouched! It was a short-of-length delivery that straightened around the off stump. Mahela tried to whip it across the line and got a leading edge.
- Sri Lanka lost 2nd wicket in 24th over – 2-132 (Tharanga, 23.4 ov)
- Yuvraj Singh to Tharanga, OUT, But he is gone now! Yuvraj strikes. It landed outside the off stump and straigthened, Tharanga went for the cut shot again but edged this one!
- Sri Lanka: 150 runs in 27.3 overs (169 balls), Extras 15
- Drinks: Sri Lanka – 171/2 in 32.0 overs (TM Dilshan 95, KC Sangakkara 16)
- T Dilshan: 100 off 107 balls (11 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Sri Lanka: 200 runs in 37.1 overs (229 balls), Extras 17
- Power Play 3 (Batting): Overs 39.1 – 44.0
- Sri Lanka lost 3rd wicket in 40th over – 3-217 (Dilshan, 39.5 ov)
- Kumar to Dilshan, OUT, DIlshan falls after an entertaining and very valuable knock. It was the bouncer, around head-high, around the off and middle stump line and DIlshan couldn’t keep the pull down. Neither could he clear the boundary. Ishant collected it at deep backward square-leg region. Very fine innings.
- K Sangakkara: 50 off 51 balls (4 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Sri Lanka lost 4th wicket in 43rd over – 4-242 (Kapugedera, 42.3 ov)
- Nehra to Kapugedera, OUT, Fine catch from DK at deep backward square-leg. Kapu had swung the full length delivery rather well actually but DK rushed to his left and tumbled down to take it inches off the turf.
- Sri Lanka: 250 runs in 43.3 overs (269 balls), Extras 20
- Sri Lanka lost 5th wicket in 44th over – 5-258 (Mathews, 43.6 ov)
- I Sharma to Mathews, OUT, full in length around the off stump line, Angelo wanted it to go over mid-on but ended up dragging it straight to midwicket.
- Sri Lanka lost 6th wicket in 45th over – 6-261 (Sangakkara, 44.4 ov)
- Patel to Sangakkara, OUT, runs down the track for the big hit but is beaten by the change of length (Munaf shortened the length); he tried to go through with the shot, go through the line of the delivery but ended up chipping it high towards covers. Fine knock but it’s over now. Five overs left. Crucial wicket this.
- Sri Lanka lost 7th wicket in 50th over – 7-294 (Perera, 49.1 ov)
- Patel to Perera, OUT, All too simple! A short of length delivery around the off stump. A big swing to the leg side. Dhoni takes the catch. He throws the ball back to Munaf. The batsman walks away. Munaf walks back to the top of the bowling mark.
- Sri Lanka lost 8th wicket in 50th over – 8-298 (Randiv, 49.5 ov)
- Patel to Randiv, OUT, shuffles right across the stumps and misses the flick. the ball bounds off the pad and they try to steal a leg bye. Munaf picks the ball and runs to remove the bails at the non-striker’s end.
- Innings Break: Sri Lanka – 299/8 in 50.0 overs (LPC Silva 26, KMDN Kulasekara 0)
- India lost 1st wicket in 1st over – 1-9 (Karthik, 0.6 ov)
- Malinga to Karthik, OUT, Karthik walks back disappointed, bowled it short just outside leg and he went after it, trying to work it down fine, there was a deviation and Sangakkara clasped it diving to his left, we’re not sure if he gloved it but the umpire Rauf was certain, India suffer their first bowler.
- India lost 2nd wicket in 6th over – 2-38 (Sehwag, 5.6 ov)
- N Kulasekara to V Sehwag, OUT! RUN-OUT! Well, drama and jubiliation here, fuller length delivery outside off, bowled at 128.5 kph, the ball jags back sharply and hits him in front, Kulasekara appeals but Silva shakes his head, but Sehwag wants a single and starts running, Kapugedara is alert and fires in a direct hit from point! The Lankans are jubilant and Rauf signals upstairs and sure enough, Sehwag is short and “OUT” comes on the giant screen! 4 runs and a wicket from that over.
- India: 50 runs in 8.4 overs (55 balls), Extras 3
- Power Play 2 (Bowling) : Overs 10.1 – 15.0
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 55 balls (V Kohli 22, Yuvraj Singh 26, Ex 2)
- India lost 3rd wicket in 16th over – 3-88 (Yuvraj, 15.2 ov)
- Perera to Yuvraj Singh, OUT, Gone this time! It kicked up from short of length and also straightened around middle. That straightening did Yuvraj in. He tried to adjust to it by attempting an awkward whip across the line and got the inner edge.
- India: 100 runs in 19.3 overs (122 balls), Extras 5
- India lost 4th wicket in 22nd over – 4-109 (Kohli, 21.1 ov)
- Perera to Kohli, OUT, Perera, the Indian Specialist, strikes. It was the short-of-length delivery cutting away like a leg cutter and Virat went for the pull. Too late. The ball flew of the edge to third man. Gone! Vital vital moment this.
- India: 150 runs in 29.3 overs (182 balls), Extras 6
- India lost 5th wicket in 31st over – 5-158 (Raina, 30.4 ov)
- Randiv to Raina, OUT, Now then.. now then… raina has combusted! He charged down the track for the big hit but Randiv did him in flight and then by the turn. Fine bowler this man. Raina was trying to swing it over long-on but it dipped on him and flew right up of the top edge. Dilshan back pedaled at covers and for a while it seemed he had misjudged it. However, he cupped his palms over and behind his head to pouch the catch! Sri Lanka scream for joy. Enter Rohit Sharma.
- India lost 6th wicket in 35th over – 6-177 (Rohit Sharma, 34.1 ov)
- Randiv to R Sharma, OUT, Stumped! Rohit’s failures continue. A touch bizzare dismissal! This is what happened: It was a lovely off break outside the off stump, Rohit lunged forward to defend but the ball dipped and turned through the bat and pad gap (not sure whether there was an inside edge) It dropped just short of Sanga who failed to collect it cleanly but it hit his boot and re bounded on to the stumps. Rohit had stretched his back leg outside the crease in trying to push out at that ball. Another fine delivery from Suraj.
- India: 200 runs in 37.4 overs (234 balls), Extras 13
- India lost 7th wicket in 38th over – 7-201 (P Kumar, 37.6 ov)
- Malinga to Kumar, OUT, Clatter! What a yorker. Straight, pacy and inswinging. Gone! PK had a waft but had no chance to stop that.
- MS Dhoni: 50 off 67 balls (4 x 4)
- India lost 8th wicket in 42nd over – 8-210 (I Sharma, 41.5 ov)
- Perera to I Sharma, OUT, Yorked! It was full and on the off stump line. Ishant pushed inside the line and the off stump was pegged back.
- India lost 9th wicket in 46th over – 9-224 (Nehra, 45.5 ov)
- Mathews to Nehra, OUT, Nehra leans forward to try lofting it over mid-off but ends up lobbing it to mid-off. And then they were one. Sri Lanka are closing in on a crushing win here.
- India lost 10th wicket in 47th over – 10-225 (Dhoni, 46.5 ov)
- Randiv to Dhoni, OUT, And that’s it. Sri Lanka have completed a crushing win. Fine spirited performance from. Dhoni went down the track for the big hit but edged up dragging it to his stumps. Randiv roars. Sanga, Mahela, Randiv all hug each other.
Sri Lanka beat India by 74 runs
Catch the action of India vs Sri Lanka Final ODI Tri-Series in Sri Lanka (2010) LIVE @ TheCricket-TV